As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Last Updated on May 31, 2020 by Michael J. Branco
Traveling from one place to another can be a hassle, but it has never been as easy and convenient as it is now. Journeys that used to take months had been reduced to days, and trips that took days can now be done in a few hours. Land vehicles like motorcycles offered much efficiency into our day to day life, and it is precisely because of these that we can save time, energy, and resources. However, these inventions were accompanied by the building of more road networks, most of which we are no longer as familiar as the ones we traverse on the daily. For getting the right direction while traveling the Best Motorcycle GPS can be your companion.
With this, “getting lost” can waste so much of our resources, and that is why getting the Best Motorcycle GPS Navigation System can bring ease to the diversions on your daily commute and your land travels to new places. We have compiled 10 of the best that’s available in the market so you can get your hands on some location tracking and travel guides.
Comparison Table: Top Rated Best Motorcycle GPS
Top 10 Best Motorcycle GPS Product Review
01. TomTom Rider 550
With its updated compatibility and messaging feature, you can make the most out of your road trips with the TomTom Rider 550. This includes lifetime maps of North America with a thrill planning feature that helps you find the most exhilarating winds and climbs for your motorcycle ride. It’s the guide best suited for adrenaline junkies who want to keep it going.
- The product comes with a water-proof and weather-proof touchscreen smart screen and a speed cam.
- It can be accessed through voice activation, can be used via your smartphone, and is compatible with both Siri and Google Assistant.
- It allows the use of the signature TomTom road trips as well as traffic tracking.
- This is built with a quad-core processor to ensure maximum efficiency.
02- Garmin Drive 50
Receive alerts and experience a reliable navigator display when traveling with this navigation system from Garmin. A brand known to make the best motorcycle GPS, this product allows direct access mapping to particular destinations with a routing track to help you avoid traffic. It also comes with a storage device that is compatible with Mac OS and Windows.
- Its display resolution of 480 x 272 px is pre-loaded from Foursquare
- Easy to use and shows accurate mapping and tracking data
- Alerts for high traffic areas and slow-down requirements, especially when near school zones and urban centers
- Voice activation and responses give the driver real-time directions
This renewed model of the Garmin Navigator has been quality-checked and tested, thus resulted in numerous high ratings. Without the reliance on cellular data or signals, you can travel with mapping and tracking even in locations that are poor signal zones. This remodel includes accurate data on 48 US states to help you locate addresses and specific points of interest.
- A slim and sleek features that come with a vivid and bright display
- Simple to use and the screen orientations are easy to adjust
- The turn by turn directions are given through voice and no longer require the smartphone connection
This 6-inch Navigator is a hit and has been considered the best motorcycle GPS in many circles. The TomTom VIA 1625 offers a number of convenient features like lifetime premium traffic tracking with constant updates for changes on the road network. It also comes with enhanced lane guidance with a versatile voice instructor.
- Traffic tracking includes an indication of the delay location – where it starts and where it ends
- Voice instructor comes in 30 or more different languages
- Touchscreen smart display comes with a split-screen feature
- Driving comes with documentation
Unlike most GPS navigation systems, this comes as part of a helmet, so this product showcases the best of its features through voice communication. It comes with three sizes: medium, large and extra-large, and it comes with the Bluetooth 3.0 advanced tech that allows mapping and tracking.
- Riders with this helmet can communicate with a distance between them up to 1640 ft.
- It allows music and radio listening while the GPS prompt is on
- Product has internal speakers with high-quality sound and echoes cancellation
- Usage also comes with a lengthened battery life and an intercom time for up to 8 hours
- A helmet is multi-functional that allows call answering and redialing.
06. TomTom via 1525
Complete with lifetime traffic and mapping updates that further eases the motor-riding experience, this GPS navigator from TomTom offers the best guide for efficiency. Its lane guidance and traffic tracking are advanced, up to date and reliable for drivers who are always on the move. This way, you won’t miss a turn and never lose your way.
- The guiding interface allows you to access the best routes and directional approaches
- Clear instructions with speed limit reminders and road updates
- Includes customization options for improved usage
- Voice instructions come with two options to choose from: Sampled and Digital
07. Garmin Nuvi
With maps updated with Foursquare data and effective locators of popular sites, navigate through the city road network better with the Garmin Nuvi. It provides the best real-time driving instructions so you won’t miss a turn and traverse through the ideal routes for fast travel. It comes with direct access and speed limit displays.
- Comes with detailed maps that indicate best routes to avoid traffic and high-density areas
- Orientation display is crisp, adjustable and intuitive to use
- Product is compatible with a wireless back camera
- Includes multiple views and advances road lane assistance
When looking for a reliable GPS, the latest version can sometimes work the best, and this is the case for the Koolertron navigation system. Its touchscreen display is waterproof, weatherproof and impact-resistant, making it a durable product that can aid you in extended periods of travel.
- It comes with an internal memory of 4GB, with additional storage of up to 16GB.
- It can connect via Bluetooth and allows hands-free voice command for safer driving.
- Its all-terrain features make it built for off-road travel.
- The user-friendly interface with a crisp and detailed mapping system
09. Garmin Zumo 595
Comes with free mapping updates, navigational tools, driver proximity alerts, and hands-free calling, you can get a great deal with the Garmin Zumo 595 GPS system. Its lifetime mapping system and a user-friendly interface allow for a convenient drive with enhancing experience and awareness. You won’t need to worry about the hassle of manual navigation with this one.
- Clear touchscreen display that can be read even under bright sunlight
- Built for rough driving and designed to find thrill routes and adventurous roads
- Allows access to a playlist or FM radio
- Connected through Bluetooth and sends alerts for sharp curves, state laws, and high-density zones
This certified refurbished model of the Garmin DriveAssist 51 comes with a number of efficient navigational tools that can come in handy. With a built-in dash cam and immediate alert system for collision, high-density areas and sharp blind turns, this can come in handy when traveling both the highway and off-road.
- Its sensitive capacitive touchscreen display is waterproof and resistant to weather and impact.
- Proximity alerts inform the driver of live traffic, weather updates, state speed limits, and parking information.
- The product comes with a recording feature that automatically saves the file with efficient data.
- Detailed mapping is updated and crisp to the visibility in daylight.
What to Look for when In Search of the Best Motorcycle GPS
Now that you’ve been presented a line-up of products to choose from, it may not make the choice easier because there are a lot of things to consider, and some of it we may not even be aware of. We know that the product has to be durable and that it has to be functional, but what other aspects should be worked on when looking for the best. So now that we have that to ponder, we compiled the major factors to take into account before making your purchase.
The best product, after all, is one you can get the most use of, and what use will a motorcycle GPS be if you don’t know how to work with it. That is why looking for a navigation system with an interface that is intuitive, easy to set, and is actually simple to use is of utmost importance. Although most products come with an instruction manual, it can be of great help to the driver if the touchscreen display is responsive and does not delay with unnecessary tabs to click on.
GPS display screens are crisp and vivid in their colors and line work, especially with their sharp road networks to easily guide the viewer’s eyes along with the maps. However, one thing that drivers find difficult is that these screens are usually given a reflective filter that prevents the drivers from reading through the map under direct sunlight. This can prove detrimental and hazardous to their driving, which is important that the product should be tested for sunlight visibility, or must come with brightness adjustable settings.
This will be directly proportional to your vehicle or will depend on how large you prefer your display screen to be. Some motorcycle drivers prefer the helmet with the audio instruction and command feature because the display screens distract their view of the street. However, many still use the touchscreen display types of GPS navigators because they offer a view of the street, the best routes, the traffic and density, and the like.
This data can be derived from the fact that when driving, people tend to be more visual than auditory when taking in instructions. However, proximity alerts for sharp curves and speed limit requirements work best when it is conveyed through audio.
Weather and Impact Resistance
A navigation system will serve as your visual guide when you travel, and since you’re using a motorcycle, you will be more exposed to nature and its elements, like the weather and direct sunlight. It is important that you choose a product that is made with a durable and sturdy design, made for exposure and impact, and can remain functional while you are driving.
This is primarily one of the factors that can greatly affect your choices, since a costly product may not be a great investment if you have to struggle to make ends meet. These things should improve the quality of your life, not further degrade it, and that’s why you should opt for one that is within your budget.
Frequently Asked Question
There are things that may need clarifications when you’re searching for the best motorcycle GPS to equip your vehicle with. Installing a navigations system into your vehicular setup may be a bit difficult when you haven’t done so before, and it may even divert your attention from the road, which is why you need to get one that is well-suited to the activity. So while you’re at it, you can scan through these frequently asked questions to find clarity with a few queries.
Ques: Does the smart screen GPS come with mount?
Ans: Although some models come with an amount, this may not be the case at all times. It is best that you check the specifications if you’re planning to buy a different mount as some mounts can’t secure the screens. It is also important that the mount is secured to the vehicle as it will be subjected to weather and impact.
Ques: What are the possible power sources for GPS?
Ans: Your navigation system can be connected to your vehicle via a USB cord, or you can have its batteries replaced when the power becomes too low. However, most GPS navigation systems use a lithium-ion battery, which can last a long time.
Ques: Does the GPS come with the mapping system?
Ans: Although some models have a built-in mapping system that can be updated manually or automatically, it usually comes with software installed to the GPS. If the navigation system is compatible with apps and can connect to the internet, you can make use of Google Maps or Waze.
Ques: Can I connect the GPS to other devices?
Ans: Yes, you can. In fact, most navigation systems are designed to be connected to a variety of devices, including your smartphone, a rearview cam, a dashcam, etc. You can even install apps like google maps and Waze as the more popular choice of the mapping system.
Ques: Can I record audio and video with my GPS?
Ans: Yes, you can, but some models only record video, while some record both platforms. Since anything can happen on the road, especially when you travel long distances, it is best that you get a GPS model that can do both. This can be handy when offering evidence of on-road encounters.
Ques: Does the GPS give an updated alert when traveling in speed?
Ans: It should, and that is why getting a GPS navigator that does not rely entirely on cellular signals will allow you to access an updated lifetime map on areas that are considered cellular dead zones. The best systems provide a voice alert or a beep notification to indicate any possible hazards or if there are high-density zones where the speed should be reduced for safety.
To close it off, there isn’t actually a lot of GPS navigators available in the market. There are only a handful of brands that had garnered enough good reviews, but the limited selection can be positively taken as less homework to do for product comparison. Although these products can get a bit pricey, consider this as a worthwhile investment, since traveling comes with a risk, as much as it can both be a necessity and an adventure.
Feel free to make your own research on the products mentioned in our lineup and be keener on looking through the reviews given on particular products. You also have a buying guide at your disposal, so you can be more aware of what to look for in a motorcycle GPS navigation system. With that, we bid you good luck in your search, and may you find the best one there is!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Last update on 2020-11-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API