Last Updated on October 13, 2020 by Michael J. Branco
Dirt Biking is inarguably one of the most exciting racing adventures in the world. Riding around a rocky forest or stunting in an arena can give you a thrill of its own. As exciting as it sounds, dirt biking comes with several dangers. Biking injuries are more common than people can imagine. As a matter of fact, in many cases, motocross riding has even led to fatalities. Hence, it is necessary to take absolute safety measures while riding dirt bikes. In this article, you will learn how to avoid biting the dust in dirt biking.
There are many ways one can prevent accidents from riding bikes! There is ample safety gear available should an unfortunate event occur that can be serious. Let’s take a look at some of the safety tips that you can adhere to while driving.
The Ultimate Rule-book For Safe Driving
- Firstly, one should avoid riding ATVs (All-Terrain Vehicles). The risk is reduced by 50%.
- Save dirt biking for dirty places. If you try to ride a dirt bike on roads, you might get knocked down by a car or even lose control and skid.
- Don’t ride fast if you are new to riding. Riders must ride as per their experience and ability.
- Drunk riding appears hip only in films, well because there are several takes there. But you can’t edit your life after an accident. It is needless to say, don’t consume psychedelic substances or alcohol while or before riding. If you want to get high, then climb a mountain.
- Do not take part in competitions unless you are an experienced rider. 50% of the people who take part in dirt biking events end up getting hospitalized.
Read More: Best Mountain Bike for Beginner
Tips On How to Get Geared Up
Sometimes even with all the precautions, you may not be entirely safe. There is always an element of risk in any vehicle. Therefore, it is best to equip yourself with safety gear for a safe ride.
Cover Your Head – The Helmet
A helmet is an absolute necessity for all two-wheelers. Ensure that the dirt bike’s quality is good enough to protect your head and absorb the shock.
Protect Your Eyes – Goggles
A set of goggles will help you protect your eyes from the dust and dirt around. It will keep your vision clear and help you drive comfortably.
Shield Your Body – A chest protector
There are many styles of chest protectors available for dirt bikers. Opt for the one that entirely protects your ribs & the spinal cord and can absorb shocks keeping you from getting hurt.
Tough and Solid – Knee Braces
Knee Braces set is another necessity for bike riders. There are high chances of landing on their knees or legs if they fall off a dirt bike. Investing in strong knee braces set will prevent fracture and other injuries.
What about Kids?
If you are purchasing a dirt bike for children, there are specific additional measures you need to take. To ensure the right kind of safety equipment, one can get a kids’ motocross gear that consists of all the safety products. It comes in different sizes for ages ranging from 4 years to 14 years. While choosing a dirt bike, you can opt for training wheels to provide additional support to your child.
There is no questioning the fact that dirt bikes are very dangerous and can cause serious injuries. But with the right gear, you can fearlessly ride on the rockiest terrains and dirtiest roads. After reading this guide now you know how to avoid biting the dust in dirt biking.